Friday, May 29, 2009

What a great week!!!

Well this past week has been a great one!!! The big news first, all of the babies have been taken off of their apnea monitors (yahoo!!!) Which means no more wires at bed time and waking up to loud beeps. Another big step this week, Joel is no longer on oxygen :)at his dr's visit he did great and she decided he no longer needed it, which means all four babies are officially tube and wire free!!! It seems like they are getting bigger every day, I cant believe they will be a year old in only a month and a half. Tanner has gotten his first two (yes two) teeth. Both of his bottom front teeth came in within a day of each other, and he just loves showing everyone with his huge smile (see pic. below). We will be starting occupational therapy soon with the two little boys to help them build up strength. They are both doing great, Wyatt is now able to roll anywhere he wants to go and Joel has started pulling his legs up underneath himself so I think he will be crawling within the next month or so. Sophia is her usual cute self. She had a feeding evaluation this week at all children's hospital and will need a little speech therapy to help her learn how to eat solid food better. She does ok, but she sucks the food off the spoon as if it is a bottle. It is important for her to learn the correct way of eating now as to prevent any speech or feeding problems in the future.

As far as events this past week there have been a few. Kevin and I decided to take all of the kids out for dinner this week which turned out to be a total disaster! I have never felt so awkward my entire life. Kevin and I spent more time answering peoples questions than eating. Good news is that the kids were so well behaved the whole time. I got several comments about how good they were (every mother loves to hear that!) Kevin hates being stared at like we are some kind of freak show, but I know it isn't everyday people see that many babies together so we might just have to get used to it. Most people are very kind and just love looking at all of the kiddo's. We have had some funny comments and questions, here are a few
"how cute two sets of twins" --- I actually hear this allot I guess some people don't
understand what quadruplets means .
"You had a cesarean right" --- DUH!, sorry but I think this is a stupid question,
think about it people!
"Are they all yours" --- no actually I like to borrow my friends children and stroll
them around town, just for all the attention.
"were they born on the same day?"--- What! again think about it

The list goes on and on but my personal favorite is-- "are you going to have any more?" --- are you smoking crack! NO,NO,NO oh yeah and NO!!!!!!

Ok, sorry I got a little side tracked for a moment.
We had a wonderful holiday weekend. On Saturday Abby went up to my mom and dad's for a sleep over. Kevin, the babies and I went up to my parents house on Sunday for a cookout and some swimming. We had a great time and the babies and I ended up staying at my parents because Kevin had to work the next day. On Monday we headed out early to catch the memorial day parade downtown. We had a great time and were joined by my grandpa and our good friends from Scotland Ken and Carolyn. The babies did great and just loved watching all of the people. After the parade we went back to my parents for a cookout and some more swimming. Abby is turning into quite a little fish, it is hard to keep her out of the water, she just loves it! That evening we (my parents, Abby, the babies, Ken, Carolyn, and myself) all went to the Phillipe estate to enjoy a concert in the park. It was a great time. Abby had so much fun playing on the playground and the babies had a great time playing on the swings and a huge blanket we put down for them. Good music, food, drinks, family and friends = a perfect day! Well time to go pick Abby up from school, I hope you enjoy the pictures below. Don't forget to pause the music on the side bar before viewing the pics.

Oh, and I almost forgot. I wanted to again say a big thank you to my parents for all your help and support we couldn't do it without you. And mom, thanks for helping me make over 400oz of baby food this past weekend! Love ya!


1 comment:

  1. You crack me up with the questions and answer segment! It's so true! I hear it all the time! It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday weekend! I'm so happy that all are off oxygen! COngrats! YAY Tanner on your new teeth!

    ReplyDelete